As you continue to visit with Legislators about the importance of an $8.8 million increase in State General Aid, please thank your Senators on the Education Committee for approving the CTE Instructor Qualifications bill. Whether visiting with your Legislator at a local forum/coffee, via telephone, or in the community, please:
- Thank them for their past support and remind them of the importance of increasing the state funding per pupil for Iowa Community Colleges through State General Aid by $8.8 million.
- The 2020 Priorities’ $8.8 million ask provides a per pupil increase of approximately $108.
- As more students turn to high demand and very expensive educational/training programs, State General Aid provides the foundational funding to offer those programs.
- To view the Iowa State Funding Per Pupil Chart produced by the Legislative Services Agency, See: https://www.iacct.com/media/cms/2019_State_Funding_Per_Pupil_2DAD4AC5CA952.pdf.
- Ask your Legislator to champion Community Colleges as a top priority in the 2020 Session.
- Thank your Legislator for their commitment.