State General Aid continues to be the focus of conversations with Legislators across the state. The 2020 Legislative Priority of an $8.8 million increase in State General Aid is more important than ever as more and more students turn to the very expensive CTE programs. As you have the opportunity to visit with Legislators over the weekend whether at their local forum/coffee, via telephone, or in the community, please:
- Remind them the importance of increasing the state funding per pupil for Iowa Community Colleges through State General Aid by $8.8 million.
- The 2020 Priorities’ $8.8 million ask provides a per pupil increase of approximately $108.
- As more students turn to high demand and very expensive educational/training programs, State General Aid provides the foundational funding to offer those programs.
- To view the Iowa Per Pupil Chart produced by the Legislative Services Agency, See: https://www.iacct.com/media/cms/2019_State_Funding_Per_Pupil_2DAD4AC5CA952.pdf.
- Ask your Legislator to champion Community Colleges as a top priority in the 2020 Session.
- Thank your Legislator for their commitment.